Fresh off her historic Australian Open win, Serena Williams is winning big again with a sexy spread in the 2017 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She’s joined by the likes of Kate Upton, Hannah Jeter, Chrissy Teigen and Christie Brinkley in this coveted annual issue.
Williams hopes that her looks, which range from rocking a blue high-waisted one-piece to going topless, will inspire other women to love their bodies.
“I want people to come away with the fact that it’s okay to be comfortable in your body,” said the 35-year-old tennis legend of her pictures.
She added: “I’m not a size two. It’s okay to look strong and to be sexy and to be a woman and to be unbreakable — all of those things. I really want to have that influence for people out there that have my body type. I want them to be like, ‘I look good too.’ That’s what I’m hoping for.”
The 23 Grand Slam titles winner also admitted that prior to being in SI, she had never worn a thong before.
“I’ve never worn a thong bikini, so for that to be my first shot was like a shot of espresso for me because I had to wake up immediately,” she explained in a behind-the-scenes clip of her SI shoot.
“The thong is perfect, it really made me feel comfortable. I’m officially a thong girl now!”
Williams also really enjoyed the shower scene shoot.
“The shower scene was amazing, because I also wanted to do something like that,” she shared.
“I’ve always wanted to let go—let my hair wet, let my face wet and take a supernatural picture that was strong and beautiful at the same time, and I really feel like we were able to achieve that with that shot.”
Check out the behind-the-scenes footage of her shoot in Turks and Caicos:
Serena & Venus Williams’ Best Tennis Outfits Through The Years
1. Remember when…Serena and Venus came onto the scene in the late 1990s wearing beads and braids?Source:Getty Images 1 of 24
2. Serena sports one of her classic Puma tennis dresses at the 1999 US Open.Source:Getty Images 2 of 24
3. Venus rocks a cutout tennis dress at the 1999 Grand Slam Cup.Source:Getty Images 3 of 24
4. A young Serena Williams wears a two-tone tennis dress at the 2000 Australian Open.Source:Getty Images 4 of 24
5. Venus rocks one of her signature cutout tennis outfits at Wimbledon in 2000.Source:Getty Images 5 of 24
6. Serena goes pastel purple at the eStyle.Com Classic in 2000.Source:Getty Images 6 of 24
7. Venus and Serena looked super stylish at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.Source:Getty Images 7 of 24
8. Serena is pretty in pink at the 2001 French Open.Source:Getty Images 8 of 24
9. Serena celebrates her 2002 Wimbledon win in a traditional (but not-so-traditional) white tennis outfit.Source:Getty Images 9 of 24
10. Serena is just a peach at the 2002 Home Depot Championships.Source:Getty Images 10 of 24
11. Serena’s orange and white 2003 Wimbledon Puma outfit.Source:Getty Images 11 of 24
12. Serena rocks a metallic empire waist at the Women’s Telecom Italia Tennis Masters in 2004.Source:Getty Images 12 of 24
13. Serena wins in her gorgeous 2004 Wimbledon outfit.Source:Getty Images 13 of 24
14. Serena rocks a denim tennis outfit at the 2004 US Open Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day.Source:Getty Images 14 of 24
15. Serena celebrates in this cute Nike ensemble at the 2005 Australian Open.Source:Getty Images 15 of 24
16. Serena experiments with a little color blocking at the 2009 French Open.Source:Getty Images 16 of 24
17. Venus gets sexy on the court at the 2010 Sony Ericsson Open.Source:Getty Images 17 of 24
18. Venus rocks a double slit tennis dress while playing with her sister at the 2010 Australian Open.Source:Getty Images 18 of 24
19. Serena goes pink on pink at the 2013 US Open.Source:Getty Images 19 of 24
20. Serena looks gorgeous in pink cheetah at the 2014 US Open.Source:Getty Images 20 of 24
21. More cheetah for Serena at the 2014 US Open.Source:Getty Images 21 of 24
22. Serena wears a yellow crop top at the 2016 Australian Open.Source:Getty Images 22 of 24
23. Serena and Venus get braided up in preparation for Rio Olympics.Source:Getty Images 23 of 24
24. Serena Williams represents Team USA at the 2016 Rio Olympics.Source:Getty Images 24 of 24
Serena Williams Slays In 2017 ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com