Unless you’ve been living under a rock, by now you’ve heard all about the controversial Pepsi ad starring Kendall Jenner that has since been pulled. Everyone has seemed to chime in with their opinion, including Whoopi Goldberg who had a few words for those critics who accused the commercial of cultural appropriation.
On a recent episode of ABC’s The View, the topic turned to the Pepsi ad that has all of America talking and co-host Whoopi Goldberg wasted no time giving her opinion on claims that the commercial was partially a failure because of its cultural appropriation.
While Goldberg agrees that it was an all-around bad commercial that just failed to hit its intended mark, she disagrees with the accusations that it was filled with cultural appropriation. She states that if black women want to claim cultural appropriation then all of them should be wearing their natural hair and not “white lady hair.”
As expected, the comment made the rounds on social media and many were quick to take issue with Goldberg’s comments, citing her previous controversial statements regarding race in the past. She has never been one to back down, so don’t expect her to sugar coat her comments on the issue any time soon.
You can check out the FULL clip of Whoopi Goldberg’s comment BELOW:
30 Black Women Who Died In Police Custody
1. Ralkina JonesSource:Instagram 1 of 12
2. Joyce CurnellSource:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Sandra BlandSource:Instagram 3 of 12
4. Miriam CareySource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Shereese FrancisSource:Instagram 5 of 12
6. Rekia BoydSource:Instagram 6 of 12
7. Alesia ThomasSource:Instagram 7 of 12
8. Tarika WilsonSource:Instagram 8 of 12
9. Kendra JamesSource:Instagram 9 of 12
10. Eleanor BumpursSource:Instagram 10 of 12
11. Barbara DawsonSource:Instagram 11 of 12
12. Jessica WilliamsSource:Instagram 12 of 12