Charlamagne Tha God had some choice words for Stephen A. Smith on ESPN’s First Take Monday night after the sports commentator dismissed Colin Kaepernick‘s kneeling protest, reports Hip Hop Wired.
From Hip Hop Wired:
At issue was Smith’s criticism of Kaepernick’s protest because the NFL quarterback didn’t vote in the past election to which the radio host took umbrage with.
After First Take moderator Molly Qerim took notice of Charlamagne’s Colin Kaepernick shirt, he quickly mentioned that’s why he gave Smith one of his infamous “Donkey Of The Day” awards over the Smith’s criticism. Charlamagne was then confronted over the “Donkey” designation, to which Smith replied at length that Kaepernick’s decision to not vote didn’t irk him but the fact he publicized the fact did.
While it appeared there was some shifting of the goal posts on the point, the debate ended amicably with Charlamagne inviting Smith to The Breakfast Club so the pair can really chop it up over their differences.
Kaepernick is still without a team just a few days before the NFL draft, reports Total Pro Sports.
SOURCE: Hip Hop Wired, Total Pro Sports
And ‘Donkey Of The Day’ Goes To…Charlamagne Tha God
Is Colin Kaepernick Being Punished By The NFL For His National Anthem Protest?
10 Powerful Photos Of Colin Kaepernick Looking Like Black Excellence
8 photos Launch gallery
1. Keeping the ‘fro in shape is a must.
1 of 8
2. Stand for something, or fall for anything.
2 of 8
3. Leader of the pack.
3 of 8
4. “It’s better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life.”- Elizabeth Kenny
4 of 8
5. “It is our duty to fight for our freedom.”- Assata Shakur
5 of 8
6. Dignity, Pride, Roots.
6 of 8
7. #KnowYourRightsOakland #KnowYourRightsCamp 📷: @ttime32
7 of 8
8. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. “- MLK
8 of 8