A3.5-mile stretch of road in southwest Los Angeles will soon bear the name of President Barack Obama.
On Wednesday, the Los Angeles City Council unanimously approved a proposal to rename a section of Rodeo Road to Obama Boulevard, from Jefferson Boulevard to Arlington Avenue, reports ABC7 Los Angeles.
Council President Herb Wesson, who represents the 10th district, supported the motion to rename the street for the nation’s first Black president and the 44th commander-in-chief, according to the news station. The motion notes that southwest section of the city is home to “president’s row,” where a series of streets are named for presidents, including George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson.
“The renaming will enable everyone who travels the boulevard to recognize the road as a fixed landmark within the city of Los Angeles dedicated to celebrating the legacy of President Barack Obama,” said Wesson, reports CBS Los Angeles.
Making the location more fitting, Wesson introduced Obama at his first campaign rally in 2008 at Rancho Cienega Park on Rodeo Road.
SOURCE: ABC7 Los Angeles, CBS Los Angeles
Los Angeles Lawmakers Contemplate Renaming Street To Honor Obama
Here The First Look At The Obama Presidential Library
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
10 photos Launch gallery
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.
6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.
9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…
10 of 10