Wyclef Jean’s name will reportedly be gone from November’s ballot in Haiti’s presidential election.
The Grammy-winning Fugees star did not satisfy legal requirements to run in the Nov. 28 election, Reuters reported Thursday, citing a member of the provisional electoral council.
“He is not on the list as I speak,” the council official told Reuters, with the provisional electoral council set to announce the list of approved candidates on Friday.
The “Gone Till November” singer released a statement late Thursday asserting that “no decisions” had been announced.
“He is concerned about the people of Haiti and the country’s future, and is cautiously optimistic about rulings on his candidacy, expected tomorrow,” Jean said. “Wyclef Jean puts the needs for health, wellness, and future prosperity of Haiti’s citizens first and foremost.
Click here to view photos:
Wyclef Jean In Hiding Due To Death Threats
Today’s Freedom Fighters
Anti-DEI Bill Would 'Prohibit' Black Fraternities And Sororities In Florida, Lawmaker Worries
Kirk Franklin, Father Of Kerrion, Urges Parents To Give Kids 'Real Names' To 'Save The Next Generation'
'The Caucasity': Desmond Howard's Airplane Video Shows White Privilege Backfiring Spectacularly
Donald Trump Plays The Race Card AGAIN After Black DA Invites Him To Testify Before NY Grand Jury
NAACP Opposes Cash Reparations To Descendants Of Enslaved People In San Francisco
Toxic Soul: 10 R&B Songs That Gave A Voice To The Cheaters
Why Did tWitch Kill Himself? Suicide Note Revealed After Shocking Death