Kids for Obama Video Contest
**** PLEASE READ THESE RULES & INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY ****
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
SEE DEADLINE EXTENSION BELOW!!!!!!!
The Kids for Obama video contest (“Contest”) will begin on January 9, 2009 and end on January 31, 2009 (“Contest Period”). One (1) prize winner will be awarded a new Nintendo Wii.
HOW TO ENTER:
BlackPlanet.com members who are legal residents of the U.S. and who are 18 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, participants must do the following:
1. Contest participants are to submit a video of their child discussing what President-Elect Barack Obama means to them at http://www.blackplanet.com/groups/group.html?group_id=218145. All video entries must be submitted by the original videographer / photographer who is the parent or legal guardian of the child featured in the video.
a. To submit the video, upload it either to YouTube or to the Blackplanet video page, copy the embed code, and paste this code into the ANNOUNCEMENT section of the above listed group. Your BlackPlanet member name and photo will appear above your submission and will serve as your identification in the case of your selection as the winner.
b. Video entries are not to exceed three (3) minutes in length.
c. Video submissions must be anonymous in that they must not refer to a child’s first and last name, city of origin, or other personally identifiable information.
2. By submitting a video entry in this contest, participants guarantee that they are the owner and copyright holder of such videos. Additionally, contest participants represent and warrant that the submitted entry (1) does not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights; and (2) is unpublished and has not been submitted previously in a contest or promotion of any kind.
3. All Internet entries must be received by 11:59 EST on January 23, 2009, or they will be void.
4. One entry per BlackPlanet member name during the Contest Period.
5. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
6. All Blackplanet.com usage Terms & Conditions apply. Submissions violating any of the aforementioned terms & conditions will be automatically disqualified.
VIDEO JUDGING CRITERIA
Videos will be judged by the following:
- Originality of child’s commentary on what Obama means to them
- Child’s ability to speak for him/herself without extraneous prompting by parent/guardian
- Overall humor and affability of said child
- Quality of sound and image
1. The Contest is open to members of BlackPlanet.com who are legal residents of the United States and are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest registration.
2. Employees of Interactive One, Inc. (“Company”), its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from Company within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate.
4. Contestants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. One grand prize winner will be determined and contacted on Monday, January 26, 2009.
2. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
3. Grand Prize:
a. One (1) new Nintendo Wii
4. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Company management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. All Contest winners must sign and date official Company release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
6. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check.
7. Company will award the prizes only upon winner verification and final approval. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email, mail and/or phone within five (5) days after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have five (5) days to respond with their information. Company will then send prizes or prize-verification information via the U.S. Mail. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within five (5) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by Company, or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be selected. If the winner is a minor (under the age of eighteen (18)), all release forms and affidavits must be signed by the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible contestants will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by submitting a three-minute video of their child discussing what President-Elect Barack Obama means to them. Videos are to be submitted to the website listed in the How To Enter section of the Contest rules.
2. The grand prize winner selection will take place on January 26, 2009. All entries will be judged by BlackPlanet staff members who, in their discretion, will select the winning submission based on the above-listed criteria.
3. The grand prize winner will be notified by email and/or phone.
4. Sponsor will mail all prizes by February 28, 2009 and Company reserves the right to publish winner’s name online.
5. All decisions made by Company management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. Company retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed.
7. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold Company, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Company has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Any information collected by registering to enter the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Contest Rules.
10. Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion,. In addition, Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, postage due, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of Company and will not be returned.
11. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified contest entries, or any other causes beyond Company’s control which, in the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Company reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at its sole discretion.
12. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
13. To receive the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt to: Kids for Obama, C/O Interactive One, 205 Hudson Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10013.