1. The 2016 Toyota MiraiSource:Donya Blaze for Interactive One
Mirai is the Japanese word for “future,” and Toyota believes its hydrogen fuel cell technology is just that for automobiles.
2. Toyota Fuel Cell SystemSource:Donya Blaze for Interactive One
The Mirai’s fuel cell system uses compressed hydrogen gas and emits only water vapor.
3. AccelerationSource:Donya Blaze for Interactive One
The Mirai goes from 0-60 miles per hour in just 9 seconds and reaches a maximum speed of 111 mph.
4. Inside the MiraiSource:Donya Blaze for Interactive One
Attendees at the L.A. Auto Show also got to view the Mirai without its body to see how Toyota’s new fuel cell technology really works.
5. CHAdeMO ConnectorSource:Donya Blaze for Interactive One
How cool is this? In the trunk of the Mirai is a CHAdeMO connector which allows for auxiliary power. For example, if your home electricity went out in a bad storm, the connector can provide additional power for up to a week.