CNN and Fox News are reporting that Donald Trump will no longer run for the presidency in 2012.
The announcement doesn’t come as a shock to many after the whole birther controversy with President Obama left egg on the real estate mogul’s face.
In the last few weeks, Trump has seen the public warm to President Obama over the Osama killing, and the official birth certificate he released shutting down all claims he was not born in the U.S.
Despite dropping out, Trump claims that he knows he would win the Republican nomination and compete for the presidency if he decided to stay in.
He also pointed to the high poll numbers he’s said he’s received from the American people, though most polls show a lack of support for his presidential run.
Trump says Obama wasn’t qualified for Ivy League
America, I apologize to you for Donald Trump
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14