Top Ten Videos to watch

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Addresses Police Misconduct At Chicago City Council Meeting
WWII Soldiers Standing In A Flag Draped Sunset - SIlhouette
Students Taking a College Exam
Hillary Clinton Campaigns In Louisville, Kentucky
Worried black businesswoman at desk
Tyler Perry And Soledad O'Brien Host Gala Honoring Bishop T.D. Jakes' 35 Years Of Ministry
Teacher with group of preschoolers sitting at table
FBI Officials Discuss Apprehension Of Explosions Suspect After Three-Day Manhunt
NFC Championship - San Francisco 49ers v Atlanta Falcons
Protests Erupt In Chicago After Video Of Police Shooting Of Teen Is Released
Nine Dead After Church Shooting In Charleston
Portrait of senior African woman holding money
President Bush Speals At Federalist Society's Gala
Police Line Tape
Senior Woman's Hands
Police officers running
New Orleans Residents Return to Housing Projects
David Banner
2010 Jazz Interlude Gala
Couple Together on Sidewalk
Serious decision
HIV Testing
Closing Arguments Held In Zimmerman Trial
Leave a comment

Tyasia Jackson Sasha Lamaya Ray

A 13-year-old girl has been charged with killing her 2-year-old sister in their Dekalb County home, Channel 2 Action News reports.

Scroll down for video

Tyasia Jackson was reportedly babysitting her younger, Sasha Lamaya Ray, and her other siblings when the toddler went missing at some point. Her body was found Monday afternoon outside their home on North Waldrop Trail in Decatur. Shelton Latroy Ray, the biological father of Sasha, told Channel 2 Action News that Jackson called him on Monday around 11 p.m. from jail and admitted to killing the 2-year-old.

Channel 2 Action News has more on this tragic story:

“She told me out of her own mouth that she did it,” said Ray.

Ray said Jackson was caught with a boy inside the town home while he and her mother were away from the house.

“My wife’s coworker lives across the street. She was watching them. She seen my older daughter let a boy in the house. She called my wife at work. My wife told her to go get the boy out of the house,” said Ray.

“I told the boy to come out the house,” Veronica Hillman said.  “If it was a boy in my house I would want someone to tell me.”

Hillman said she found the boy hiding inside a closet. Ray said after the boy and Hillman left, Tyasia told her three siblings to go up stairs while Sasha stayed downstairs with her.

“She made all the other kids go upstairs and then she stabbed her by the back door. Put her outside came back in the house, cleaned up the blood, changed clothes then came outside and started looking for her [Sasha] with everybody else,” Ray said.

When her parents returned home, Ray said they asked Jackson where Sasha was and began looking for her.

Hillman said she was the first person to find baby Sasha.

“I told the mom, ‘I found the baby,’ but I didn’t go into detail,” Hillman said.  “It wasn’t for me to go into detail, I let the husband do that.”

Ray and Jackson’s mother then found Sasha’s body in the backyard with serious injuries.

“I thought a dog or something had gotten to her because of the bruises, the scars and the bleeding. Murder was far from my mind at that time. I didn’t think anyone had did something to her,” said Ray.

Ray said he picked his daughter up and attempted to take her the hospital. Before they reached the end of their subdivision, Sasha died.

Sasha was stabbed several times in the chest area. Neighbors say that Jackson was a very nice girl. They recall her walking her younger siblings to the school bus stop every morning. Ray, his wife and other family members attended Jackson’s hearing on Monday. Before the judge entered the courtroom, Ray told his daughter that he loved her.

“It’s tough to swallow right now. I can’t believe it. At the same time she still needs our help. We are her parents,” said Ray.

Also On News One: