Wash Your Hands. Another of the most effective ways to prevent colds and the flu is simply washing your hands properly and frequently. “Wash your hands a lot, and encourage those around you to wash their hands,” says Nancy Elder, MD, associate professor and director of research in the department of family and community medicine at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio. This will help to get rid of cold germs you pick up from doorknobs and stair rails, and keep you from getting them into your body. One study found that college students who washed hands frequently had fewer cold and flu symptoms.
- Top 10 Nelson Mandela Quotes Of All Time
- "NewsOne Now" Debuts on TV One Monday, Nov. 4
- Celebs React To Death Of Paul Walker [PHOTOS]
- 7 Presents That Will Make Him Think You’re The Best Girlfriend Ever
- Barneys Isn't The Only One: Brands Accused Of Racism
- Peter Gunz: What To Buy Your Adult Son For Christmas [VIDEO]