Wash Your Hands. Another of the most effective ways to prevent colds and the flu is simply washing your hands properly and frequently. “Wash your hands a lot, and encourage those around you to wash their hands,” says Nancy Elder, MD, associate professor and director of research in the department of family and community medicine at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio. This will help to get rid of cold germs you pick up from doorknobs and stair rails, and keep you from getting them into your body. One study found that college students who washed hands frequently had fewer cold and flu symptoms.
- Prez Obama Addresses Bias Against Young Black Men with “The Queen of YouTube,” GloZell
- Don't Miss The 46th NAACP Image Awards!
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- #Ferguson Activist Tef Poe: We Had Little Faith In The DOJ And Federal Prosecutors
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- Floyd Mayweather's Ex-Aide Writes Sensational Tell-All