Wipe Down Germs. It’s probably common sense not to shake a sick person’s hands when you want to prevent a cold — but that’s far from the only place that you can pick up cold germs. A recent study looked for the presence of viruses on classroom surfaces and found that the flu virus was found on as many as 50 percent of surfaces. So take some time when you clean up your office or home to wipe down germy areas — light switches, doorknobs, your phone, your computer, and your TV remote — with your favorite cleaning product. Minimizing exposure to germs can help prevent colds and the flu.
- Experience: Quintavious Johnson Belts Out National Anthem For NFL Thanksgiving Game
- Full Ferguson Coverage Inside!
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9AM EST
- UPDATED: Cleveland Cops Release Video In Shooting Death Of 12-Year-Old [VIDEO]
- Judge Orders Halle Berry's Ex To Stop Straightening, Lightening Daughter's Hair