passed away at the age of 53 on June 1, her daughters were determined to give her a send-off as big as the life she lived. Miriam Marie “Mae-Mae” Burbank
Propped up at a living room-style table, fully embalmed, holding a menthol cigarette in one hand and a case of Busch beer at her side, Burbank’s “last party” was one for the books.
“She gets down, 53. She’s not a normal 53,” said Burbank’s daughter, Zymora Kimball. “I didn’t want her to just go, just go. So, I had to do something amazing. So she’s never forgotten.”
‘Comb Her Hair’ Change.org Petition Started For Blue Ivy
Ala. Woman ‘Catfishes’ Niece On Facebook, Finds Out Niece Is Plotting To Kill Her
Her family told
Charbonnet Funeral Home of New Orleans what they wanted and the end result was more than anyone could have anticipated. In addition to her nails being painted black and gold in honor of her beloved New Orleans Saints, a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table behind her and a crossword puzzle sitting nearby, disco balls spinning overhead and around the table completed the look.
As one Twitter user said:
Take Our Poll
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14