Barack and Michelle Obama’s two daughters, Sasha and Malia start school in DC today at Sidwell Friends. It just happens that both of our friends over at
Jack and Jill Politics attended the same school. They’ve been writing about their experiences at Sidwell and what it like to be African American at a prestigious private school.
Check Out What Jack and Jill Have To Say About Sidwell
Obama Girls and Being Black at Sidwell – Inside Perspectives, Part 1
Obama Girls and Blacks at Sidwell – An Inside Perspective, Part 2
The Obama Girls and Blacks at Sidwell – An Inside Perspective, Part 3
The Obama Girls and Being Black at Sidwell – An Inside Perspective, Part 4
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14