NEW YORK– Rep. Anthony Weiner says he is not answering anymore questions about the lewd Twitter photo incident, leaving many questioning his innocence because of inconsistency in his stories.
“This prank has apparently been successful,” Weiner told reporters Thursday morning. “After almost 11 hours of answering questions, any that anyone wanted to put, today I’m going to have to get back to work doing the job that I’m paid to do.”
Weiner stated earlier this week that the photo was created as a “distraction”, referring to his candidacy in the 2013 New York City mayoral race.
Weiner originally claimed that his Twitter was hacked, then that it was sent as prank, and finally stated yesterday that he “can’t say with certitude” that the photo was not him.