MIAMI — Nearly two-dozen former NFL players are suing the league over severe and permanent brain damage they say is linked to concussions suffered on the job.
SEE ALSO: The Disappearing Black Journalist
The complaint follows a similar one filed earlier this week in Atlanta. It is the latest in a series of lawsuits filed against the NFL in recent months by past players.
The lawsuit was filed Thursday in Miami on behalf of ex-Miami Dolphins team members Patrick Surtain, Oronde Gadsden and 19 other NFL players. Most now live in Florida. It accuses the National Football League of deliberately omitting or concealing evidence linking concussions and long-term neurological problems.
The NFL denies the charges and says player safety has long been a priority.
The former players are seeking a jury trial and unspecified damages.
After Rhodes Lie Exposure, Yale Coach Quits
Today’s Freedom Fighters
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, 'Woman Recanting' Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
'Get Out Of The Country': Video Shows Black Man Kicked Out Of School CRT Meeting As 'Racist Woman' Stays
Actress Jodie Turner-Smith Says Having 'Light-Skinned' Baby With White Husband Helped Her Confront Colorism
Genius Black Teens Solve Math Problem Believed to Be Impossible For 2,000 Years
Thanks, Ron DeSantis: Florida School District Pulls 'Ruby Bridges' Movie After 1 White Parent Complains
Graphic Videos Showing Tekashi 6ix9ine Being Brutally Beaten In Florida Gym Go Viral
Look-Alike Black Actors Who Should Be Cast As Fictional Siblings