The family of Maya Angelou has arranged a private memorial service in Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel on Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. Due to limited seating capacity, the family has decided to have a closed service for family and friends only but the university has decided to livestream the service for the public. Watch it live here.
And share your thoughts on the legacy of Maya Angelou in the comments below. How did the phenomenal woman touch your life?
- 20 Facts You Didn’t Know About Maya Angelou
- Oprah Remembers Her First Meeting With Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou: Activist and Pan Africanist
- India.Arie Shares How Maya Angelou Influenced Her
- Congressmen G.K. Butterfield and Charlie Rangel Reflect On Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou On the Importance Of Speaking the Truth
Today’s Freedom Fighters
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, 'Woman Recanting' Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
'Get Out Of The Country': Video Shows Black Man Kicked Out Of School CRT Meeting As 'Racist Woman' Stays
Actress Jodie Turner-Smith Says Having 'Light-Skinned' Baby With White Husband Helped Her Confront Colorism
Genius Black Teens Solve Math Problem Believed to Be Impossible For 2,000 Years
Thanks, Ron DeSantis: Florida School District Pulls 'Ruby Bridges' Movie After 1 White Parent Complains
Graphic Videos Showing Tekashi 6ix9ine Being Brutally Beaten In Florida Gym Go Viral
Look-Alike Black Actors Who Should Be Cast As Fictional Siblings