The family of Maya Angelou has arranged a private memorial service in Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel on Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. Due to limited seating capacity, the family has decided to have a closed service for family and friends only but the university has decided to livestream the service for the public. Watch it live here.
And share your thoughts on the legacy of Maya Angelou in the comments below. How did the phenomenal woman touch your life?
- 20 Facts You Didn’t Know About Maya Angelou
- Oprah Remembers Her First Meeting With Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou: Activist and Pan Africanist
- India.Arie Shares How Maya Angelou Influenced Her
- Congressmen G.K. Butterfield and Charlie Rangel Reflect On Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou On the Importance Of Speaking the Truth
Dr. Ebony Butler Addresses The Lack Of Black Therapists And Managing Pain
Dr. Tosha Rogers Talks Black Health, Pain Relief And Why We Need Culturally Competent Doctors
New Bill To Shut Down Mississippi Public Universities Names 3 HBCUS
Latest Trump Speeches Highlight Same Cognitive Fears That Republicans Express About Biden
Black Man Falsely ID'ed As 'Illegal Immigrant' At Kansas City Chiefs Parade Shooting Has Life Ruined By GOP Lies
NC School Doors ‘Decorated' With ‘Colored’ And ‘White’ Entrances For Black History Month
'Whore': Donald Trump Jr. Posts Misogynistic Meme Attacking Fani Willis
Hydeia Broadbent, Who Devoted Her Life To AIDS Activism After Being Born With HIV, Dies At 39