One of the biggest trending topics on Wednesday, May 13th was that abolitionist Harriet Tubman was leading a poll to replace Andrew Jackson as the new visage on our money.
Well, the former Cosby Show star was guest hosting The View again, when she made the comments that currently have Twitter in an uproar.
“No offense to everyone that’s going to be mad at me for saying this, I don’t like that idea. I think we need to move a little bit forward,” she said. “Let me just preface that I understand the history, I get it. Trust me, I was taught, I was in that culture. … I would’ve chosen Rosa Parks. I would have chosen someone that is closer to the progression that we’re doing now. I know you have to understand history so you don’t repeat it, but that doesn’t happen in our world, because we still repeat history of hating other cultures over and over again. I would choose a different woman, no offense.”
Do you think Raven is out of touch, or does she have a point?
Watch her comments in the video above.
SOURCE: USA Today | PHOTO CREDIT: Splash
15 Times Raven-Symone Was Undeniably Black (PHOTOS)
1. That Time When She Co-Starred On The Single Most Important Show About Black Families: "The Cosby Show."1 of 15
2. Actually Black.2 of 15
3. When She Showed Off Her #TeamNatural Afro. Key Term: Afro.3 of 15
4. Rapping With Da Brat.4 of 15
5. That's So Black.5 of 15
6. Showing Off Her Nikes For The 'Gram...Such A Black Thing To Do.6 of 15
7. Black Family Portrait.7 of 15
8. Raven Rockin' A Kufi.8 of 15
9. This...9 of 15
10. Rockin' These Modern-Day Cealie Dooky Plaits.10 of 15
11. Kufi & A BoomBox.11 of 15
12. That Time She Created This Beautiful Drawing Of An African Woman.12 of 15
13. This Whole Outfit Is African Inspired.13 of 15
14. That Time She Was Walking Around The Streets Of D.C. In A Floor-Length Fur...Looking Like Someone's Black Grandma.14 of 15
15. Terrible Black Fashion Circa 2003.15 of 15
Not On This Continent! Raven-Symone Doesn’t Think Harriet Tubman Should Be On The $20 Bill was originally published on globalgrind.com