Last week, the shooting death of 19-year-old Texas mom Kendra Childs erupted over social media. Childs was shot on September 13 while inside her Houston apartment. Authorities are still searching for the suspect, but reports confirm Childs was the victim of a fatal drive-by shooting. Police also believe the suspect sought her out, according to The New York Daily News.
Here’s what we know so far.
1. Childs leaves behind a 2-year-old daughter. Social media lit up last week with the hashtag #RIPKendra, memorializing her and raising questions about who could be responsible for her death.
2. Social media users allege Childs may have been shot by her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, after a heated social media exchange between Childs and the woman became public knowledge. As stated earlier, police are still searching for a suspect who they believe drove a black Camaro on the day Childs was shot.
3. Her boyfriend discovered her body when he returned to her apartment around 12:40 p.m. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
4. Childs was murdered just one day shy of her 20th birthday.
5. She worked at Wal-Mart as a cashier, and from her Instagram posts, enjoyed fashion and style.
SOURCE: New York Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Twitter
Texas Cops Hunt For Drive-By Shooter In Death Of 19-Year-Old Texas Mom
Today’s Freedom Fighters
Anti-DEI Bill Would 'Prohibit' Black Fraternities And Sororities In Florida, Lawmaker Worries
'The Caucasity': Desmond Howard's Airplane Video Shows White Privilege Backfiring Spectacularly
'Get Out Of The Country': Video Shows Black Man Kicked Out Of School CRT Meeting As 'Racist Woman' Stays
NAACP Opposes Cash Reparations To Descendants Of Enslaved People In San Francisco
Graphic Videos Showing Tekashi 6ix9ine Being Brutally Beaten In Florida Gym Go Viral
Toxic Soul: 10 R&B Songs That Gave A Voice To The Cheaters
University Of Kentucky 'Karen' Pleads Not Guilty To Racist Attack On Black Student Despite Video Evidence