Leave a comment

Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman in North Carolina said this week that a grand jury will not bring charges against Rolesville High School resource officer Ruben De Los Santos after a shocking video showed him slamming a 15-year-old female student to the ground in January, reports ABC 11.

From ABC 11:

In the original 8-second video take on January 3, a group of students were congregated in an area and then De Los Santos picks up the student and slams her to the floor. Police said before it happened there was a fight between students and the teen who was thrown to the ground [and was later treated at a hospital for a concussion] was involved.

Rolesville Police Chief Langston requested the assistance of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation to look into the incident.

[Wake County District Attorney Lorrin] Freeman said her office sent presentments to the Wake County Grand Jury for willful failure to discharge duties and assault on a female, but the grand jury declined. Freeman stated that the matter will now be closed without further action.

Despite no charges for Los Santos, he resigned from the Rolesville Police Department earlier this month, reports Raw Story.

SOURCE: ABC 11Raw Story

SEE ALSO:

WATCH: ‘Black Piece Of S***t:’ North Carolina Teen Suspended After White Classmate Hurls Slurs

North Carolina School Board Declines Request To Ban Confederate Flag

comments – Add Yours