CLOSE

Kevin Hart’s drama over hosting the Academy Awards deserves its own Oscar for all the high-octane shenanigans. Let’s hope it’s officially over now. The comedian has reportedly turned down hosting the Oscars — for real this time.

See Also: Bill Cosby Sentenced To 3 To 10 Years In Prison For Sexual Assault Conviction

Deadline.com reports, “Hart felt his hosting would become a distraction, a continuing controversial narrative that would take the spotlight off the people and movies being honored. He also grew concerned at the limited amount of time he would have had to prepare.” But the site also adds, “This situation is still fluid and he could possibly change his mind, this looks like his final answer.”

The 39-year-old appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Friday and host encouraged him to take the gig because he previously apologized. However, there doesn’t appear to be anything on record showing Hart ever apologizing for his homophobic comments, which included telling someone that they looked like a “gay billboard for AIDS.”

In 2015, Hart talked to Rolling Stone about his homophobic jokes, saying, “I wouldn’t tell that joke today, because when I said it, the times weren’t as sensitive as they are now. I think we love to make big deals out of things that aren’t necessarily big deals, because we can.”

Hart’s first apology to the LGBTQ community was after he stepped down from hosting the Oscars (even though he said hours before he wouldn’t apologize).

This saga has gone on for too long. Let’s hope Hart is officially saying no. Reportedly, the Academy Awards will move forward without a single host.

SEE ALSO:

All The Ways Cops Are Still Trying To Cover Up LaQuan McDonald’s Execution

Outrageous! Figurines Of White Cherub Crushing Head Of Black Angel Removed From Dollar Store

Meet Jogger Joe, The Man Who Took Racist Cue From BBQ Becky In Tossing Homeless Man’s Clothes

Bill Cosby Gets Sentenced For His Sexual Assault Conviction
US-ENTERTAINMENT-TELEVISION-COSBY-COURT
76 photos

More From NewsOne
×