The midterm elections are only 19 days away. There is talk about a “blue wave” but that is contingent upon people coming out to vote in massive droves. In 2016, the largest voting bloc was non-voters — an alarming 100 million people.
This year, there are Black men and women running all over the country, from Texas to Florida to California. History can be made on November 6 as long as you show up to the polls. Here are ten candidate running for office.
1. Andrew Gillum For Florida Governor
2. Ben Jealous For Maryland Governor
3. Vangie Williams Running For U.S. House To Represent The 1st Congressional District of Virginia
4. Stacey Abrams For Georgia Governor
5. Ayanna Pressley Running For Massachusetts 7th Congressional District primary
6. Rhetta Andrews Bowers for Texas State Representative for House District 113
7. Colin Allred For Congress In Texas’ 32nd Congressional District
8. Antonio Delgado Running For New York state’s 19th District
9. Amara Enyia Running For Mayor Of Chicago
10. Cat Brooks Running For Mayor of Oakland
LaTosha Brown Is A Black Joy Blazer Who Has Dedicated Her Life To The Cause
702 Member Irish Grinstead Dies At 43, Sister Says
Video Shows White People Violently Attack Rhode Island Cops As Police Don't Reach For Their Guns Once
5 Lessons You Must Learn From Shirley Strawberry’s Unfortunate Crisis
Suspected White Supremacist Mad He’s Getting Death Threats After Allegedly Vowing To 'Kill Me A N*gger'
Lawsuit Will ‘Absolutely’ Be Filed After Denny’s Waitress Refused Serving Black Truckers In Viral Video: Lawyers
Video Shows Racist University Of Alabama Football Fans Tell Black Texas Players To 'Go Back To The Projects'
'Karen' Arrested After Holding Black Woman Delivering Newspapers At Gunpoint In South Carolina