First lady Michelle Obama rolled up her sleeves to help renovate a house for homeless veterans last night on ABC’s two-hour season premiere of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
The episode spotlighted Barbara Marshall, a U.S. Navy veteran, who opened up her home to serve homeless female veterans in N.C.
“I hope lots of people will be inspired by her story to give back to their communities – especially to service members and their families,” said the first lady.
Read more at the Grio.
Michelle Obama: No Facebook For My Girls
Michelle Obama Says Adults Need To Set Example Against Bullying
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14