21 Former Players Sue NFL Over Concussions

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

MIAMI — Nearly two-dozen former NFL players are suing the league over severe and permanent brain damage they say is linked to concussions suffered on the job.

SEE ALSO: The Disappearing Black Journalist


The complaint follows a similar one filed earlier this week in Atlanta. It is the latest in a series of lawsuits filed against the NFL in recent months by past players.

The lawsuit was filed Thursday in Miami on behalf of ex-Miami Dolphins team members Patrick Surtain, Oronde Gadsden and 19 other NFL players. Most now live in Florida. It accuses the National Football League of deliberately omitting or concealing evidence linking concussions and long-term neurological problems.

The NFL denies the charges and says player safety has long been a priority.

The former players are seeking a jury trial and unspecified damages.

SEE ALSO:

After Rhodes Lie Exposure, Yale Coach Quits

Romney Says He Won’t Release His Tax Returns

Join the Conversation! Share on Facebook!

Tags:

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,656 other followers