Top Ten Videos to watch

Spider Crash
Eric Garner Protests
Justice for Tamir sign held aloft. Stop Mass Incarcerations...
Kym Whitley
Pepsi Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
Donald Trump's 'Crippled America' Book Press Conference
New Hampshire Primaries
TV One At The 47th NAACP Image Awards
Donald Trump Holds Rally In Biloxi, Mississippi
Behind bars
47th NAACP Image Awards Presented By TV One - Press Room
A Man Operating A Tv Camera
Maurice White
'News One Now' With Roland Martin Taping
Bill Cosby
Activists In Los Angeles Gather To Burn Likenesses Of The Confederate Flag
Flint Firebirds V Windsor Spitfires
CBC Message To America: Rep. Conyers Addresses The Damage Inflicted On Our Communities By Poverty, Mass Incarceration And Lack Of Economic Development
Iowa Caucus Ted Cruz
NewsOne Now NAACP Image Awards Preview
Student sitting at a desk in a classroom
Rahm Emanuel Announces Police Accountability Task Force As CPD Chief Is Fired
Slavery Stock image
The 16th Annual Wall Street Project Gala Fundraising Reception
Ava DuVernay
Roland Martin Blasts Stacey Dash For Comments About BET, Black Networks
President Obama Delivers State Of The Union Address At U.S. Capitol
Leave a comment


Carrying around a 134-pound scrotum for nearly five painful years had certainly been a drag for Wesley Warren Jr. (pictured). Yet he kept procrastinating about the surgery, because he feared it would end his life. On April 8th, though, Warren finally decided to undergo the very risky 13-hour procedure that brought the size of his scrotum to normal proportions. This week, Warren spoke with ABC News about his harrowing experience.

SEE ALSO: Grandma Used 11-Year-Old Granddaughter To Shoplift?

Warren’s painful journey began one night while asleep, when he suddenly woke up writhing in pain: He felt as though he had “slammed” his right testicle during a routine sleeping position, “I felt the most enormous amount of pain that one could possibly imagine,” Warren said.

The pain quickly subsided; however, the next day, Warren noticed that his scrotum had increased to the size of a soccer ball.

When the Las Vegas resident went to the emergency room, he was told he had an infection, given antibiotics, and sent on his way.

But his scrotum size kept increasing. 

The 48-year-old unemployed man went to see other doctors to determine why his scrotum was enlarging but was not given satisfactory responses.  Warren had another major stumbling block in his quest to find a diagnosis: he was only living off of disability benefits, so he did not have the financial means nor health insurance to continue finding answers for his medical condition.

Eventually, the scrotum added about 160 pounds to Warren’s frame, bringing his total weight to 500 pounds. And whenever Warren would leave his home, he would have to bundle up his scrotum in a hoodie and carry a milk crate with him so that he could hoist his scrotum on it every few steps to take a break.

Warren’s condition made daily tasks very difficult; since he could not find his penis, he was forced to urinate on himself. Warren’s scrotum size also made it impossible for him to put his legs together, so anytime he wanted to weigh himself, he would travel to newspaper and scrap metal recycling yards to use their scale.

In an effort to raise money for the much-needed surgery, Warren went on the shock jock Howard Stern radio show.  He managed to raise money from Stern’s sympathetic and mostly male listeners.

Luckily for Warren, California surgeon Joel Gelman, a urologist who works out of the University of California and specializes in scrotal lymphedema, heard about Warren’s condition, and contacted him.

Using the money he received from Stern’s listeners to travel to Irvine, Warren met with Dr. Gelman.  And even though Warren had great trepidation about having the complicated surgical procedure, the pain of carrying around his massive scrotum forced him to agree to having the surgery in April.

Dr. Gelman told ABC News, “Some of the veins in the mass were a quarter-inch in diameter,” Gelman said, recalling the lengthy and risky procedure to remove the mass in one giant piece.

Warren, who is unmarried and has no children, can now wear regular underwear and pants and says he is still getting used to walking in his newfound body.  “My body is acclimating. I’m still not able to get around much and enjoy driving or going to dinner.  But I intend to make up for it and treat myself to a truly fabulous meal and enjoy relaxing for at least a few days.”

SEE ALSO: Spelman Twins Make History As School’s First Co-Valedictorians

Also On News One: