Last year, after Hurricane Sandy, we saw a brief “bromance” of convenience between Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and President Barack Obama. But is Black America ready to pick up where the president left off? As reported, Christie cruised to re-election Tuesday night amid talk of a 2016 presidential run. On ”NewsOne Now,” with Roland Martin, Democratic pollster Ron Lester, comedian Chris Paul and Roland Martin discussed Christie’s potential support from minority groups. “He’s straight up, he’s in your face. There’s no cut card with Chris Christie,” Lester said. “He’s very familiar with black people, and he’s very comfortable.” There’s that, and the fact that he was born in Newark. What do you think? Listen to the full exchange in the clip below.Don’t forget to tune in to “NewsOne Now,” weekdays at 7 a.m. EST.
- Who Is Cheryl D. Mills & Why Does She Stand Out In Hillary Clinton's Emails?
- Bill's Lies Matter: Roland Martin's Talking Points Memo On #BlackLivesMatter Controversy
- UPB Presents: How Well Do You Know Chicago? [QUIZ]
- See Vashawn Mitchell, Rev. Otis Moss III At CBCF Prayer Breakfast, In Person Or Online Sept. 19
- A Good Deal Or Too Good To Be True? Credit Card Introductory Rates Decoded
- 12 Minority NYPD Officers Say They're Being Punished For Bucking Arrest Quotas