Last year, after Hurricane Sandy, we saw a brief “bromance” of convenience between Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and President Barack Obama. But is Black America ready to pick up where the president left off? As reported, Christie cruised to re-election Tuesday night amid talk of a 2016 presidential run. On ”NewsOne Now,” with Roland Martin, Democratic pollster Ron Lester, comedian Chris Paul and Roland Martin discussed Christie’s potential support from minority groups. “He’s straight up, he’s in your face. There’s no cut card with Chris Christie,” Lester said. “He’s very familiar with black people, and he’s very comfortable.” There’s that, and the fact that he was born in Newark. What do you think? Listen to the full exchange in the clip below.Don’t forget to tune in to “NewsOne Now,” weekdays at 7 a.m. EST.
- 2nd Inmate Speaks Out About Sandra Bland
- 5 Things To Know Before Asking For A Bank Loan
- NETWORKING IN COLOR: Chicago's Top Career and Business Events For July 24-31
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- Cuteness Overload: Leah Still Challenges Riley Curry To 'Nae Nae' Dance-Off