Last year, after Hurricane Sandy, we saw a brief “bromance” of convenience between Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and President Barack Obama. But is Black America ready to pick up where the president left off? As reported, Christie cruised to re-election Tuesday night amid talk of a 2016 presidential run. On ”NewsOne Now,” with Roland Martin, Democratic pollster Ron Lester, comedian Chris Paul and Roland Martin discussed Christie’s potential support from minority groups. “He’s straight up, he’s in your face. There’s no cut card with Chris Christie,” Lester said. “He’s very familiar with black people, and he’s very comfortable.” There’s that, and the fact that he was born in Newark. What do you think? Listen to the full exchange in the clip below.Don’t forget to tune in to “NewsOne Now,” weekdays at 7 a.m. EST.
- Overheard At CBCF: What Are Our Representatives, Activists, & Entrepreneurs Saying About Black Lives Matter?
- NewsOne Now With Roland Martin Moves To 7 ET/8 CT Starting 9/14
- The New & Returning TV Shows You Have To Watch This Fall
- NAACP: America's Journey For Justice March Nears Its End In Washington, D.C.
- Justice Or Else: Min. Louis Farrakhan Discusses How To End The Killing In Black Communities
- My Credit Score Is Bad - Can I Still Get A Loan?