With Black unemployment at 16.2 percent and no solution on the horizon, the Congressional Black Caucus, who have been vocal about the lack of unemployment programs aimed at African Americans, are launching their own cross-country job fair beginning next week.
The CBC will hold job fairs, town hall meetings, job readiness programs, and seminars next month, as part of their “For The People” jobs initiative resolution.
In the last two years, the CBC has introduced over 40 job creation bills to address unemployment to the House of Representatives.
Complete info below or you can visit the CBC website.
Dates and Locations
Congresswoman Marcia Fudge, Host
Cleveland State University – Student Center
2121 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44115
Congressmen John Conyers and Hansen Clarke, Hosts
Wayne County Community College, Downtown Campus
1001 W. Fort St., Detroit, MI, 48211
Congressman John Lewis, Host
Atlanta Technical College
1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, Host
James L. Knight Center, Downtown Miami
Mt. Calvary Baptist Church
1140 NW 62nd Street
Miami, FL 33150-4219
Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Host
What to bring to the event:
- First, bring a great attitude. You have less than 4 seconds to make a first impression. Your attitude is the greatest influence on the impression you make.
- Solid eye contact and a strong handshake are a must.
- Bring several copies of your resume on good quality paper. Make sure that you check for grammar and spelling errors. Show that you take the job fair as seriously as the recruiting companies.
- Depending on the job you’re after, you may wish to bring a portfolio with samples of your work. Bring your sense of flexibility along… there are likely to be many suitable vacancies.
- Finally, along with a positive attitude, the most important thing to bring is a point of view. That is, think from an employer’s point of view. Companies want to recruit the best staff to drive their companies forward. They’ll be pleased to meet with you to discuss opportunities, however you should be ready to sell yourself to them.
AES Management Corp
AJ Automotive Group
Atlanta Workforce Development Agency
Braxton Educational & Technical Cons.
Center for Families & Children
Cleveland Catholic Charities
Cleveland Municipal Court
Corrections Corp of America
Cuyahoga Community College
Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing
Delaware North Company Sport Service
Embassy Suites Hotel
Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc
Farmers Insurance Group
Fifth Third Bank
Greater Cleveland RTA
Greater Cleveland Veterans Business Resource Council
Green City Growers Cooperative
Jeanology Clothing Store
Lincoln College of Technology
Louis Stokes VA Medical Center
NextEra Energy, Inc
Palladium Health Care
Plain Dealer Publishing Co
Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits
Rite Aid Corporation
St. John Medical Center
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center
The Federal Metal Company
The Lube Stop, Inc
The Protective Group, Inc
Thermo Fisher Scientific
United Credit Education
United States Marine Corps
Urban League of Greater Cleveland
US Customs and Border Protection
US Coast Guard
Vector Technical Inc
Wayne County Airport Authority
WJBK Fox 2
Life After Hepatitis C: How Ruby Manuel Broke Free From Lifelong Trauma
Surviving Hepatitis C: Jessica's Story
Bigoted GOP Candidate Caught Using Racist And Sexist Slurs In Phone Recording Claims He's Not A Bigot
How To Support A Loved One Who Is Living With Heart Failure
Heart In Your Hands: Important Lifestyle Changes For Heart Failure Recovery
Life In Heart Failure Recovery
Jail Justice: Social Media Memes Mock Derek Chauvin After George Floyd's Murderer Stabbed In Prison
Racist Karen Shouts 'F****** Black People' After Spitting At Pro-Palestine Demonstrators