Elizabeth Ballinger, 17, the teen who was captured on viral video being viciously assaulted last month in a Brooklyn McDonald’s, was arrested Friday night on weapons possession charges, the New York Daily News reports.
Ballinger was at Linden Plaza in East New York waiting on an unidentified 19-year-old woman in the lobby. The woman called 911 and when police officers arrived on the scene, Ballinger fled, dropping her purse with a 40-caliber Baretta inside of it.
Ballinger speaking out after she was attacked in McDonald’s:
The NY Daily News reports:
Cops found Ballinger nearby but she ran off and jumped over a low wall — and into a thatch of razor wire near a train yard.
She was carrying a backpack with an imitation pistol inside, cops said.
An NYPD Emergency Services Unit team had to cut Ballinger free. She was taken to Brookdale University Hospital and needed several stitches, officials said.
She was charged with weapons possession, unlawful assembly and trespassing.
A 20-year-old man, a 14-year-old boy and two girls, ages 14 and 13, were in the lobby with Ballinger and are facing trespassing charges, officials said.
Authorities do not believe that this incident is related to the McDonald’s brawl.
Read more at the Daily News.
As previously reported by NewsOne, Ballinger’s was the second violent incident to take place inside of a New York McDonald’s in recent months. Read about that brawl at the links below.