From NBC News:
Ballet dancer Misty Copeland wrote on Instagram that she “strongly” disagreed with Plank’s comments, made in an interview with CNBC…Plank’s comments quickly came under fire with some calling for a boycott of the apparel brand.
Copeland said her sponsors must reflect her belief in the importance of diversity and inclusion.
“I have spoken at length with Kevin privately about the matter, but as someone who takes my responsibility as a role model very seriously, it is important to me that he, and UA, take public action to clearly communicate and reflect our common values in order for us to effectively continue to work towards our shared goal of trying to motivate ALL people to be their best selves,” she wrote.
Copeland recently launched an athleisure collection with Under Armour despite the growing controversy started by Plank’s comment, reports US Weekly.
12 Brutal Tweets Dragging Kanye For Meeting With Donald Trump
1. Even Republicans like Ana Navarro aren’t here for Donald Trump and Kanye West’s meeting.1 of 12
2. Shots “FIRED” *Trump voice”2 of 12
3. Facts.3 of 12
4. Black Twitter thoughts.4 of 12
5. El Oh El!5 of 12
6. What a Tuesday.6 of 12
7. Stay woke.7 of 12
8. We miss the old Kanye.8 of 12
9. Twin flames?9 of 12
10. Dark, Twisted, Fantasy.10 of 12
11. Seems like the next logical step.11 of 12
12. Questions that need answers.12 of 12