UPDATED: February 15, 3:48 PM EST:
The New York Post is reporting that an alleged gang hit on a two-year-old Chicago boy was streamed on Facebook Live:
Two people, including a 2-year-old boy, were killed and a pregnant woman was wounded in a shooting captured on Facebook Live as they drove in Chicago, where the latest spate of gun violence “must be a turning point” for the city, according to the mayor.
“I got a bullet in my stomach … they shot him, oh my God,” the pregnant woman screams after running from the car to a home in the 2300 block of South Kenneth Avenue in the city’s Lawndale section, according to the Chicago Tribune. “I can’t go to the hospital … this bullet in my stomach.”
Footage of the shooting goes dark after the woman gets inside the home, where she pleads with her mother for help but tells her she cannot go to the hospital because she might be taken to jail.
Do you agree with the mayor that this is a turning point for the city? Watch the video above and sound off in comments.
SOURCE: The New York Post | VIDEO: Facebook, New York Post
30 Black Women Who Died In Police Custody
1. Renee Davis, 231 of 25
2. Deborah Danner, 66Source:Instagram 2 of 25
3. Korryn Gaines, 23Source:Instagram 3 of 25
4. Gynnya McMillen4 of 25
5. Ralkina JonesSource:Instagram 5 of 25
6. Joyce CurnellSource:Instagram 6 of 25
7. Kindra Chapman7 of 25
8. Sandra BlandSource:Instagram 8 of 25
9. Miriam CareySource:Getty 9 of 25
10. Shereese FrancisSource:Instagram 10 of 25
11. Rekia BoydSource:Instagram 11 of 25
12. Shantel DavisSource:Instagram 12 of 25
13. Alesia ThomasSource:Instagram 13 of 25
14. Darnesha Harris14 of 25
15. Tanisha AndersonSource:Instagram 15 of 25
16. Yvette SmithSource:Instagram 16 of 25
17. Malissa WilliamsSource:Instagram 17 of 25
18. Tarika WilsonSource:Instagram 18 of 25
19. Kathryn JohnstonSource:Instagram 19 of 25
20. Kendra JamesSource:Instagram 20 of 25
21. Briana OjedaSource:Instagram 21 of 25
22. Kyam LivingstonSource:Instagram 22 of 25
23. Eleanor BumpursSource:Instagram 23 of 25
24. Barbara DawsonSource:Instagram 24 of 25
25. Jessica WilliamsSource:Instagram 25 of 25
Two-Year-Old Chicago Boy Killed In Gang Hit, Cops Say
A two-year-old boy was tragically killed in Chicago Tuesday afternoon in what police called a suspected gang-related shooting amid ongoing gun violence in the embattled city, reports USA Today.
From USA Today:
A two-year-old boy and 25-year-old man were killed — and a pregnant woman was wounded — on Tuesday in what authorities suspect was a gang-related shooting, according to Chicago Police.
No one is in custody for the shooting, which occurred around 1:30 p.m. local time on the city’s West Side, police said. Police said the adult male victim was a known gang member. The man and the boy, as well as a 20-year-old woman, were shot while sitting in their car, police said. The woman was described by police as the boy’s aunt, and the man’s girlfriend. She was wounded in the stomach, and was listed in fair condition. Paramedics were able to revive the boy when they arrived at the scene, but he died from his injuries shortly after.
The tragic shooting occurred in the midst of a bloody surge of violence in the nation’s third largest city, which has raised the ire of President [Donald] Trump. The city recorded more than 760 murders and 4,300 shooting victims last year. This year is off to a nearly equally grim start, with more than 60 murders and 300 shooting victims, according to police data…The death of the toddler marks the third time in the last several days that a child in Chicago has been a victim of the ongoing violence.
In related news, Dr. Selwyn Rogers, the lead doctor at University of Chicago’s new trauma center which is scheduled to be completed early next year, plans to use the medical facility to address the city’s soaring gun violence, reports CBS Chicago.