Top Ten Videos to watch

crime scene
Vote
Studio Portrait of Two Young Women Back to Back, One With a Tattoo
Mamie Till and Emmett Till
GOP Redistricting Plot To Unseat Rep. Corrine Brown Exposed
Protests Break Out In Charlotte After Police Shooting
'Keep the Vote Alive!' March Commemorates Civil Rights Act
White man shooting
Gun Violence Continues To Plague Chicago, Over 1,000 Shootings For Year To Date
HS Football
Gun Violence Continues To Plague Chicago, Over 1,000 Shootings For Year To Date
Police Line
US-POLITICS-OBAMA
2016 Republican National Convention
44th NAACP Image Awards - Show
MD Primary
Premiere Of OWN's 'Queen Sugar' - Arrivals
Democratic National Convention
US-VOTE-REPUBLICANS-TRUMP
Los Angeles Rams v San Francisco 49ers
US-POLICE-RACISM-UNREST
Protesters Demonstrate Against Donald Trump's Visit To Flint Michigan
President Obama Speaks On The Economy In Brady Press Briefing Room
Lil Wayne
Construction Continues On The National Museum of African American History To Open In 2016
Preacher Preaching the Gospel
Hillary Clinton Campaigns In Louisville, Kentucky
Miami Dolphins v Seattle Seahawks
US-VOTE-DEMOCRATS-CONVENTION
US-ATTACKS-9/11-ANNIVERSARY
Leave a comment

Andra MCGowanWhen 4-year-old Andra McGowan noticed an electrical fire spark from a socket in his room, he immediately knew what to do — and his quick thinking may have saved his family’s lives.

LIKE NewsOne On Facebook To Stay Up On Black News Worldwide!

The Grio reports:

I saw the fire come out of the plug,” explained Andra, describing how it started while he was in bed watching Barney on television. “I just called my mom for help,” he recalled.

“I heard my baby yelling and screaming, ‘Mommy!’ He kept saying, ‘Fire! Fire!'” said Andra’s mother Anica Duke. “I ran into the room where he was,” said Duke. “It was him. His yelling out. That alarmed me and I ran immediately and I thank God that I ran immediately ’cause it was already growing too fast,” she said, crediting her little boy for the reason everyone escaped without any injures.

According to fire officials, most children Andra’s age hide when they see a fire start, sometimes with tragic consequences. “Andra is awesome. I’m so glad that God gave him the wisdom,” said Andra’s grandmother Sandra Jones.

Jones owns the house on Graham Avenue on the city’s east side, but said she was at work when the fire started. “They’re alive. We’re alive and we just keep it moving,” said Jones. While a lot of four-year-olds would be worried about all the toys destroyed in the fire, Andra was concerned about something entirely different.

“I lost my shoes,” lamented Andra. “And all my clothes. All my church clothes.” “Let me tell you something. That baby loves to go to church. He loves to shout. He loves to praise God,” said Andra’s grandmother.

Read more at The Grio.

SEE ALSO:

Will Trayvon Swing Florida’s Vote?

Why We Shouldn’t Look Away From War Photos

 

Also On News One:
comments – Add Yours