NewsOne Featured Video

Witness have claimed that Whitney Houston died in a bath tub at her hotel in Los Angeles after taking a cocktail of prescription pills.

According to reports, police found a pharmacy’s worth of prescription pills in Houston’s room, including Valium, Xanax, Lorazepam and sleeping pills. TMZ has claimed that water was found Houston’s lungs, which means that drowning could have been the cause of her death.

The New York Daily News reports:

Whitney Houston apparently drowned in her bath after ingesting a cocktail of prescription sedatives – the latest in a string of accidental celebrity overdoses on legal pills.

According to witnesses quoted in news reports in Los Angeles, Houston seems to have slipped beneath the water’s surface in a drug stupor.

Read More At The New York Daily News

TMZ is reporting that family members were told that Houston died from a combination of alcohol Xanax, and other prescription pills and not drowning.