Byrd-Scolaro was waiting for the bathroom at an S & B Restaurant when she found there was an unconscious woman locked in there. After a waitress broke down the door, Byrd-Scolaro performed CPR on the woman, saving her life.
The New York Daily News reports:
“We pulled her out of the bathroom,” Byrd-Scolaro recounted. “She wasn’t breathing.”
After three minutes of CPR, the unidentified young woman began gurgling, came back to life — and flipped the bird to her rescuers, officials said.
EMS workers said the woman had overdosed inside the ladies’ room. Boyd-Scolaro said it was the first time that she’d ever performed the life-saving maneuver.