We can’t stop marching for our rights, people!
Already, NewsOne has received complains about poll workers not allowing people to vote. We are also getting complaints from our reporting partners–BlackAmericaWeb in particular–that people are waiting in line long lines to use ONE voting machine.
Right now, we are working on verifying some of these complaints. We are working with the National Action Network and The Advancement Project to help readers work through their voting issues.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
So far the, Advancement Project has this to say of what is happening on the ground:
Advancement Project, and our coalition partners, are investigating and addressing what seems to be a pattern in PA of poll workers turning away voters if they don’t have voter ID which violates the court order under our lawsuit that stipulated that voters do not need ID for this election. It’s not surprising, because despite the judge’s ruling, the state continued to run ads telling voters to get ID.
– Poll workers requiring photo ID all over state
– Poll workers not offering provisional ballots to voters who are not in the roll book; not calling voter registration hotline, not allowing registered voters to vote. (66th & Graham)
– Two wards where there are no language interpreters for voters who speak Spanish (precincts upon request).
– Delaware county and Philly suburbs: signs saying IDs are required
– Common Cause PA – voter received official govt flyer in email saying if you want to vote show it (using an old slogan pushing voter ID)
– Toledo Dayton Cleveland – optical scanners not working. When they don’t function you can still vote (ballots supposed to be scanned later).
– Reports of purged voters – people who were previously registered and showing up at polls and are not on the rolls.
– Columbus – person came in with video camera; believe person was with True the Vote.
– Poll workers are telling voters that special ink pens are required for voting, and the pens are out of ink so no one can vote (Apthorp Tower, 12900 Superior Ave.)
– Provisional ballots going into emergency ballot box which is full. Being worked on.
– Poll Workers saying only photo ID is permitted for voting (Glenville HS)
– Voting machines are getting jammed and are broken in at least 9 precincts. Voters are forced to use emergency ballots, which are overflowing ballot boxes. We have reported it to the Board of Elections which says it is working to resolve it. (vetted; precincts available upon request)
In addition in the states where polls are open, we are receiving reports of extremely long lines in many precincts, along with individual stories of determined, inspired voters.
To better help you, please send any of your complaints–along with video, photos or other documentation, if you have it–to NewsOne’s Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also reach me, Terrell J. Starr, Associate Editor at NewsOne, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will update this post with complaints–if they appear to be credible, of course. We will then follow-up on these complaints as best we can.
The March To Freedom is still on! Get out to vote and contact us if someone says you can’t!
List Of Voter Complaints
Name Of Person Reporting Irregularity: Richard Montgomery of Ohio (contacted N1 via Twitter)
Complaint: Claims polling station Is denying right to vote. No proper ID.
Source Of Evidence: YouTube
Response: Still waiting on person to respond.
Name Of Person Reporting Irregularity: “centralpavote” on Pennsylvania (Reddit username)
Complaint: Claims voting machine changes name of candidate he selects
Source Of Evidence: YouTube
Response: News site “Digital Journal” reported on story and interviewed voting machine expert. See report here.
Name Of Person Reporting Irregularities: BlackAmericaWeb (NewsOne Partner)
Source Of Evidence: Various
– In Toledo, Ohio, that’s Lucas County, Ohio, the poll location at MLK Boulevard did not open on time. Apparently a security guard was not there to open it up.
-In Hennepin County, Virginia a machine changed votes from Obama to Romney and in Hennepin CH Reade School, the precincts changed, they combined precincts. And now the machines can’t handle them. They are switching to paper ballots at CH Reade School, and elderly voters are concerned that their votes will not count.
– In Ohio, Cuyahoga County, Mercer Elementary School, Sugar Heights, scanning machine is down. In Franklyn County, Scottwood Elementary School, two out of the six machines down.
-Back to Lucas County, District 18 not accepting votes as of 7:17 a.m. and in the new battleground state of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Langdon Carnell Middle School, there is no power at the poll location, and in Philadelphia County District 14 the Ralph Bunche Recreation Center, no election judge, not allowing voters to vote.
-We’re also getting a bunch of calls and these are the calls we got before during the early vote of ex-felons in Florida not being able to vote, and these are ex-felons who were able to vote for Obama back in 2008.
– In Florida, Miami, Florida, Northwest Third Avenue machines are down. In Broward County, Florida military trainees at a technical school were told they can’t vote.
– In Fulton County, Georgia, West Oakland Baptist Church, on Violet Street, 200 people in line, one machine down.
-On to South Carolina, Richland County, South Carolina, three machines down at the Kaufman Road Precinct.
– Richland County Jewish Center, six machines total, two machines down. Richland County, South Carolina, polls not open, banged on doors, were told that the machines were down. People in line were left with no information.
– On to Ohio, Cuyahoga County, Ward One, Cleveland, Ohio, Bendt Baptist Church, machines are down. Cuyahoga County, Glennville area at the library, machines down, paper ballots are being used. And again, in Cuyahoga County, Ohio Euclid Indian Hills voting site, the scanners are down.
-And now to our texts. Miami County, Ohio, 177 voters did not receive absentee ballots. The election workers called them last night and told them in order to vote they had to come in person. If you are voting in – sorry, they’re having technical difficulties with printers in polling stations in District Heights, Maryland.
-The polls open at 7 a.m. in Maryland and now none of the machines are working at the Francis Scott Key Elementary School in District Heights.
– In Florida, Miami, 10400 Northwest Eighth Avenue, there have been lines there since 6:30 and the machines are down. Also in Miami Dade, the majority of the calls we’re getting are about absentee ballot issues. I think Miami Dade has an absentee ballot problem because we are now getting calls from folks saying that they didn’t get their absentee ballots in time, so they’re taking the ballot down to the poll location and to the boards of election and trying to file their absentee ballot in person. Remember, if you are a registered voter prior to 2008 the match does not apply to you. The board of elections and the local poll locations comparing your ID to an ID they have in their database. If you are a registered voter before 2008 it does not apply to you. And remember the address on your residence and the address of your voter registration card do not have to match. If you are being thrown out because of a match in Florida, demand to file a provisional ballot. There is over an hour and a half wait to vote in some precincts in Miami Dade. Some have only one machine.
-In South Carolina., they’re telling people to vote the democratic ticket and the President separately. Folks are worried that if they vote twice their votes are going to be counted out.
-There are reports about Florida’s no match law, which prevents voter applicants from becoming registered to vote if the state can’t match their driver’s license, their Florida ID or the last four digits of their social security number to a record in the state’s databases. Two things Florida voters need to know about the match: First, the no match law does not affect voters who are registered by September 8th, 2008. So if you were registered before the last Presidential election, the no match vote does not apply to you. Second, the address on your driver’s license does not need to match the address you used to register to vote.
-You cannot vote online in Cleveland, Ohio. You cannot vote online in Florida. You cannot vote online in Virginia. Any ad that tells you you can is simply fraudulent.
Dr. Ebony Butler Addresses The Lack Of Black Therapists And Managing Pain
Dr. Tosha Rogers Talks Black Health, Pain Relief And Why We Need Culturally Competent Doctors
New Bill To Shut Down Mississippi Public Universities Names 3 HBCUS
Latest Trump Speeches Highlight Same Cognitive Fears That Republicans Express About Biden
Black Man Falsely ID'ed As 'Illegal Immigrant' At Kansas City Chiefs Parade Shooting Has Life Ruined By GOP Lies
NC School Doors ‘Decorated' With ‘Colored’ And ‘White’ Entrances For Black History Month
'Whore': Donald Trump Jr. Posts Misogynistic Meme Attacking Fani Willis
Hydeia Broadbent, Who Devoted Her Life To AIDS Activism After Being Born With HIV, Dies At 39