The reactions on NewsOne’s Facebook page and in the comments sections of its stories over George Zimmerman‘s not guilty verdict in the death of unarmed Trayvon Martin has been robust. Much of the commentary has been that of utter disgust, while an equal amount has been a call to action over what the next steps towards justice should be.
Overall, the comments in various threads on the Facebook page and at the bottom of our stories reveal a sense of urgency that the fight must continue.
Below are some of the most notable remarks made on NewsOne’s Facebook page and story comments sections.
1. Barbara O. Graham took to Facebook to encourage us to fight on!
2. Robert Lovelle Rooks has some words for Zimmerman supporters.
3. Carol Claiborne has some harsh words for the wanna-be cop. (Warning: Explicit Language)
4. Many NewsOne Facebook followers have faded their profile photos to black in honor of Trayvon Martin, an action that seems to have originated from the Facebook page #JusticeForTrayvonMartin
5. Priscilla Harkless-Wilson Pinelton: “The Lord sees you!”
6. Nearly eight thousand followers “like” this touching photo of Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin. So far, 3,871 have shared it.
7. In the comments section of NewsOne’s breaking news story on Zimmerman’s not guilty verdict, which has so far generated more than 400 comments, user “BroSHABAZZ804” is telling Black readers it’s time to “WAKE UP.”
8. Unfortunately, the trolls have opinions too. Soul60 is leading the troll pack in NewsOne’s “Tracy Martin, Sabrina Fulton Respond To Zimmerman “Not Guilty” Verdict” piece.
9. Peter Lybrand brings up the question of whether a dog is worth more than a human life.
10. Doris J. Cammack Spencer says it’s time to seek #JusticeForTrayvonMartin in the nation’s capital.