The holidays are just around the corner and not only are you gearing up for sales and putting together your Christmas list but your best friend’s getting married around the same time. Don’t have the right outfit? Don’t fret! Holiday parties and weddings follow a very similar formula: go glam and super sophisticated.
MUST READ: 30 Holiday Dresses He’ll Swoon Over That Won’t Break The Bank
Turn heads at your friend’s wedding in strong hues like cobalt blue or shine bright in a sequin frock. The key with holiday dressing is going big with your statement pieces. This means having beautiful jewelry, clutches and heels handy. Here are three ideas that I’ve come up with to get you started!
Holiday Wedding Look #1
Make an entrance in a two tone
faux fur jacket, sequin Mango bodycon and BCBG strappy heels. Add icing on the cake with a $47 LP by Perfetto clutch, a $68 RJ Graziano crystal earrings from Henri Bendel and a $25 Topshop cuff. End it on a glam tip with a red mani and matching lip. Holiday Wedding Look #2
Go girly in a satin
TopShop dress paired with $187 jeweled Badgley Mischka platforms (on sale!). Take the look to the next level with a $37 TopShop statement necklace and Kotur clutch. Keep with jewel theme going with a purple mani and my new favorite lip stain by Lip Tar. Holiday Wedding Look #3
Stay dressed to impress in a silk
Mango gown and perforated Tibi heels. Add on a stunning Alice + Olivia clutch, a $24 faux fur stole and a Deepa Gurnani statement necklace. Rock a silver mani, bold red lip and neutral eye.
Which is your favorite look? Leave me a comment below.
-Joy Adaeze of
Follow Joy’s style adventures on Instagram!
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY: What To Wear: 3 Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas To Flaunt This Year
Obsessorized: 25 Fierce Holiday Clutches Under $50
50 Killer Looks From King Bey That We're Swooning Over
51 photos Launch gallery
1. 50 Killer Looks From King Bey That We're Swooning Over
1 of 51
2. Uber chic in black and white.
2 of 51
3. Flaunting her assets in a shimmery gown.
3 of 51
4. Giving drama in a black and purple ombré Givenchy.
4 of 51
5. What a stellar statement belt.
5 of 51
6. Shining bright in a glittery mini.
6 of 51
7. Why stick to just one animal print? Go bold in two!
7 of 51
8. Keeping it cozy in a luxe black fur.
8 of 51
9. Keeping it white hot.
9 of 51
10. ...Or getting fiery with red.
10 of 51
11. Clever cutouts.
11 of 51
12. Rocking a black and white blouse with white pants.
12 of 51
13. All black everything, the chic edition.
13 of 51
14. Accenting her white frock with tons of bling.
14 of 51
15. A bit of ruching to create a flattering silhouette.
15 of 51
16. Elevating her LBD with statement jewelry.
16 of 51
17. Adding glitzy gold to your black gown.
17 of 51
18. Stealing the scene with a printed bodycon.
18 of 51
19. Another black and gold gown to turn heads.
19 of 51
20. Going boho on her day off.
20 of 51
21. Pretty in plum.
21 of 51
22. Grecian goddess for a day.
22 of 51
23. Taking it to the silver screen.
23 of 51
24. Saying everything with just statement earrings!
24 of 51
25. Making her back the accent of the evening.
25 of 51
26. Golden and glistening.
26 of 51
27. An ode to Blue : )
27 of 51
28. Playful in a printed romper.
28 of 51
29. Rocking a poppy yellow hue.
29 of 51
30. Mixing a bit of emerald with her orange gown.
30 of 51
31. Standing out with a glittery blazer.
31 of 51
32. Ultra flirty in a peplum frock.
32 of 51
33. Glammed up in a black sequin jumpsuit.
33 of 51
34. Dreamy in a classic white halter.
34 of 51
35. Golden side panels to enhance her simple black gown.
35 of 51
36. Stepping up her plain blazer and jeans with a printed Louboutin.
36 of 51
37. Kicking her casual look up a notch with faux leather leggings.
37 of 51
38. Rocking nude pumps with a printed romper.
38 of 51
39. Fresh to death with a crisp white blazer.
39 of 51
40. Printed boots!!!
40 of 51
41. Edgy in leather shorts.
41 of 51
42. Model behavior, shorts and a blazer with heels.
42 of 51
43. Legs and leather
43 of 51
44. Sleek leather jacket always slay
44 of 51
45. Spark envy in a green dress.
45 of 51
46. Chic in a fiery hot gown.
46 of 51
47. Cute and colorful in a printed mini.
47 of 51
48. Flaunting her curves in a glittery blue jumpsuit.
48 of 51
49. Show a 'lil skin with sheer panels.
49 of 51
50. Keeping it cool in a loose tank and jeans.
50 of 51
51. Short shorts are a wardrobe staple.
51 of 51