1 Pound Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
½ Pound Brussels Sprouts, Trimmed and Halved
2 Red Apples, Cored and Diced
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
½ Cup Raw Pecans, Crushed
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small 1/4-1/2 inch cubes.
2. Cut the stem end off each Brussels sprout. Cut in half through the top, then remove and discard any bruised or damaged outer leaves. Cut really large sprouts in half again.
3. Cut apple into similar-sized diced pieces. Leave skin on but cut out the core as you trim.
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and 2 TBSP butter. Heat until butter is melted and foamy.
2. Add sweet potatoes to pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute until potatoes are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork, about 5-10 minutes. Stir often.
3. Once potatoes are tender, add sprouts. Cook until sprouts and potatoes are caramelized, about 5 minutes. Continue to stir often. If pan becomes too dry, add a little more olive oil.
4. Add pecans, apples and apple cider vinegar to caramelized vegetables, then stir in 1 TBSP butter and season with salt and pepper. Stir until butter is melted, then remove from heat.
5. Transfer the sautéed sprouts, sweet potatoes and apples to a serving dish or dinner plates. Serve warm!
CHIC EATS: Sprout, Sweet Potato & Apple Saute [RECIPE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com