3 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley
1 ½ Cups Raw Walnuts
½ Cup Pecorino Cheese, Grated
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Pound Orecchiette Pasta
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
1. Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
2. Smash the garlic under the side of your chef’s knife to remove the peel. Place in the bowl of the food processor, then process until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides.
3. Pick parsley leaves from the stems to measure the indicated amount. Add to the garlic and chop. Add the walnuts and pecorino cheese. Chop until the mixture is finely chopped but still crumbly. Do not over puree. You do not want it to be pasty.
4. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pulse to combine, keeping mixture crumbly.
1. Fill a large pot 2/3 high with water and cover. Place over high heat. Proceed with next step as water comes to a boil.
2. Once water is boiling, add 1 tablespoon of salt and stir in the orecchiette pasta. Cook until tender but with a slight bite, about 11 minutes, or according to the package instructions.
3. After you strain the pasta, place it back in the pot. Set over medium heat and add butter. Once melted, stir in the walnut pesto and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer the walnut pesto orecchiette to a serving bowl or dinner plates. Sprinkle some extra grated pecorino cheese over the top. Serve warm!
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.