Janet Jackson is back. And she wants to keep it real with her fans.
After taking nearly a year off, the singer had a baby and split with her husband Wissam Al Mana. She took to her website on Monday to give an update on her life, her new baby and her impending divorce.
In a video announcement, Jackson gushed over her baby boy Eissa and acknowledged that she gained some weight during her pregnancy. The music icon also confirmed the split from her husband shortly after giving birth. She said that Eissa is “so healthy, so beautiful, so sweet, so loving, such a happy baby.” As for her estranged husband, she added, “We are in court and the rest is in God’s hands.”
The music icon is so ready for new beginnings. She even changed the name of the tour from Unbreakable to The State of the World Tour. The tour is set to resume September 7 at the Cajundome in Louisiana. As you may recall, Janet postponed the tour a year ago, announcing that she and her estranged husband were ready to plan their family.
So much can happen in a year. Check out the video above.
Janet Jackson Fan Sues Live Nation For Cancelled Tour
Janet Tweets First Picture Of Her Baby
Janet Jackson Splits From Husband Wissam Al Mana
These Celebs Took A Page Out Of Janet Jackson’s Style Book
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Rihanna got the memo.
1 of 11
2. Janet gave the masculine pantsuit a feminine touch.
2 of 11
3. Stars like Blac Chyna and Amber Rose showed off a little more skin and a lot more curves.
3 of 11
4. Having piercings other than your ears and belly button was pretty taboo back when Janet revealed her septum ring.
4 of 11
5. Janet became synonymous with braids back in the ’90s following the release of her film “Poetic Justice.”
5 of 11
6. Braids have now become the hottest trend for young celebs like Zoe Kravitz—from street style to the red carpet.
6 of 11
7. Ms. Jackson made it sexy to bare your sculpted abs in a midriff top.
7 of 11
8. Ciara was definitely inspired by the crop top look.
8 of 11
9. The Kardashians are often credited with making the trend popular again.
9 of 11
10. Janet’s ever changing hairstyles made it obvious she was a style icon…especially in the ’90s, with this bantu knot look.
10 of 11
11. Rihanna made waves on the internet when she rocked the throwback look. The apple doesn’t fall far from the icon tree.
11 of 11