CLOSE

Many people were confused when they found out Nipsey Hussles alleged killer, Eric Holder, had the legal represented of Christopher Darden, the former Los Angeles prosecutor who famously flubbed the OJ Simpson murder trial nearly 25 years ago. Now there are more details coming out about how exactly Holder came to retain Darden’s services, and it’s kind of bizarre.

See Also: Never Forget: 39 Unforgettable Images Of People Protesting The Killing Of Michael Brown

The Blast reported that “most expected Holder to be represented by a public defender. According to documents in Holder’s prior cases, this is the first time he has had private counsel.”

Therefore, it was confusing why Darden took the case and if he specifically sought out the case. Furthermore, is Holder paying Darden out-of-pocket and, if so, why would Darden take this case — out of any — pro bono?

The Blast also reported Darden has received numerous death threats. That said, it’s not clear if he “will work through the duration of the case or whether he is just representing Holder for the arraignment.”

Darden’s daughter, Jenee Darden, has been receiving death threats, as well, which she addressed on Instagram earlier this week. See below:

Darden has seemingly been laying relatively low in the decades since he lost what appeared to be an open-and-shut case during what was billed at the trial of the century. 

Holder, a failed rapper whose street name was Shitty Cuz, has become public enemy No. 1 in Los Angeles, where Nipsey was literally giving back to his community. The 29-year-old was arrested on April 2. He was found in Bellflower, California, which is located in southeast Los Angeles.

He has been charged with one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.

Los Angeles police Chief Michel Moore implied there was a feud between Hussle and Holder. He “declined to elaborate on the feud between the two, saying he didn’t want to jeopardize any potential prosecution, but he said the suspect approached Nipsey and others multiple times, engaging them in conversation,” CNN.com reported. Moore did say the dispute does not appear gang-related.

Rest in power, Nipsey Hussle.

SEE ALSO:

Erykah Badu Demands An Apology From ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ Producer Dream Hampton

Outrageous! Figurines Of White Cherub Crushing Head Of Black Angel Removed From Dollar Store

Meet Jogger Joe, The Man Who Took Racist Cue From BBQ Becky In Tossing Homeless Man’s Clothes

Bill Cosby Gets Sentenced For His Sexual Assault Conviction
US-ENTERTAINMENT-TELEVISION-COSBY-COURT
76 photos

More From NewsOne
×