Top Ten Videos to watch

HISTORY Brings 'Roots' Cast And Crew To The White House For Screening
Graduates tossing caps into the air
Freddie Gray Baltimore Protests
Mid section of man in graduation gown holding diploma
Legendary Baseball Player Tony Gwynn's Family Files A Lawsuit Against Big Tobacco
ME.jailhouse#2.0117.CW Montebello City Council has approved use of a private contractor to run the n
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Addresses Police Misconduct At Chicago City Council Meeting
WWII Soldiers Standing In A Flag Draped Sunset - SIlhouette
Students Taking a College Exam
Bill Cosby Preliminary Hearing
Hillary Clinton Campaigns In Louisville, Kentucky
Worried black businesswoman at desk
Tyler Perry And Soledad O'Brien Host Gala Honoring Bishop T.D. Jakes' 35 Years Of Ministry
Teacher with group of preschoolers sitting at table
FBI Officials Discuss Apprehension Of Explosions Suspect After Three-Day Manhunt
NFC Championship - San Francisco 49ers v Atlanta Falcons
Protests Erupt In Chicago After Video Of Police Shooting Of Teen Is Released
Nine Dead After Church Shooting In Charleston
Portrait of senior African woman holding money
President Bush Speals At Federalist Society's Gala
Police Line Tape
Senior Woman's Hands
Police officers running
New Orleans Residents Return to Housing Projects
David Banner
Leave a comment

Devon Omar Epps

A California man was convicted Wednesday in his girlfriend’s murder, 18 months after the crime occurred, according to the CBS Sacramento.

SEE ALSO: Politically Incorrect Thoughts About The Kimye Offspring

Stockton authorities say that 37-year-old Devon Omar Epps killed his live-in girlfriend and placed her corpse in his apartment’s bathtub where it remained until being evicted in December of 2011. Soon after, the rotting body was discovered and Epps was arrested and charged with murder two days later.

A coroner’s report revealed that Veronica Jones was beaten with a metal table pedestal, raped, and stabbed 32 times. On Wednesday, a jury found Epps guilty of all charges, including premeditated murder, use of a weapon other than a firearm, murder by torture, corporal injury to a spouse and rape.

SEE ALSO: Vote On Sandy Aid Set For Friday

At Epps’ trial, Jones’ family members said they reported Jones missing in July 2011, a month after she mysteriously disappeared. Police, according to Jones’ brother, were largely unresponsive. “The only thing they told me is that it’s not a crime to be missing, that they have a right not to talk to family or friends, and she was basically not missing,” Jones’ brother, Issac Zuniga, said while on the witness stand.

The judge also ordered a mental evaluation for Epps because of his erratic behavior during part of the court proceedings. He will appear in court again Thursday for the sanity phase of his trial. Victor, another of brother of Jones, says Epps’ behavior was all an act.

“He was playing a game, acting like he was crazy so he wouldn’t have to pay for the torture he put her through.

Also On News One: