NewsOne Featured Video

Theresa M. Jefferson, 33, plead guilty to second-degree assault in an altercation with Ebony Odoms, 38, that took place in a Baltimore County Wal-Mart on October 8th, The Baltimore Sun reports.


Reality show starring Whitney Houston’s daughter reportedly in the works

The altercation went down like this, according to The Sun:

Cox told the court that the fight broke out about 11 a.m. at the store. He said witnesses reported first seeing the two women pulling each other’s hair, then seeing Odoms spraying something at Jefferson.

Jefferson then reached for a bottle of bleach from a shelf, opened the bottle and poured the bleach on Odoms, Cox said. Odoms then grabbed a bottle of Pine-Sol and spilled it on Jefferson, he said.

The two chemicals combined to create fumes that sickened some customers. The store was closed for cleaning and ventilation, and reopened at 2 p.m.

In October, Theresa M. Jefferson and 38-year old Ebony Odoms were involved in a fracas inside the store, shutting down the Wal-Mart for several hours. Jefferson would plead guilty to second-degree assault charges, later being slapped with the sentence in Baltimore County Circuit Court.

Judge Robert E. Cathill ordered Jefferson during the hearing earlier today to “stay out of Wal-Mart.” As reported by the “Baltimore Sun,” Jefferson must stay away from all local Wal-Marts during her 5-year probation period. During the fight, the store had to be closed as several patrons fell ill due to the combination of fumes caused by the bleach and Pine-Sol mixing. Jefferson was remorseful regarding her involvement in the fight, vowing that there will not be a repeat of her actions.

LIKE NewsOne To Stay Up On Black News Worldwide

I definitely would apologize that the incident escalated to the level it did,” said Jefferson. She further added that the fight was “a humiliating and embarrassing experience, one that won’t happen again.”


Bloomberg vs. ‘Stand Your Ground’: NYC mayor launches campaign to repeal gun laws

How the Trayvon Martin case has divided America