Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- 2 1/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 jar of apple pie filling
- 1 1/4 cup of caramel sauce (reserve a 1/4 teaspoon for the topping of each cupcake)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift all dry ingredients and set aside. Then cream butter and sugar, and add vanilla and caramel sauce into butter and sugar mixture. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Pour in unbeaten egg whites and mix batter. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
Once all wet and dry ingredients are mixed together, fold in the apple pie filling (do not mix).
Place into regular sized cupcake liners and bake for 25 minutes (all ovens vary) check with toothpick. Batter should yield 18 to 24 cupcakes.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups of powdered sugar (may need more depending on consistency when adding caramel sauce).
Mix together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Then add powdered sugar one cup at a time.
Last, add caramel sauce. If needed add more powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time) to get a firm texture. Drizzle reserved caramel sauce on top.
Happy National Dessert Day! 3 Yummy Recipes To Tickle Your Tastebuds was originally published on hellobeautiful.com