NewsOne Featured Video

International Boxing Federation (IBF) middleweight champ Jermain Taylor (pictured) was arrested after he turned himself in on Wednesday at a Little Rock, Arkansas detention facility.

The fighter is reportedly facing a slew of charges—two counts of battery, three counts of aggravated assault, one count of possession of substance, and third-degree endangering a minor. Taylor reportedly pointed a gun at a man’s head on Monday, then turned the barrel towards the man’s wife and three small children, threatening to shoot them all, according to ABC News.

The 36-year-old Olympics bronze medalist, who had been out on bail after being accused of shooting his cousin Tyrone Hinton last August,  pleaded not guilty on all counts in that case and again on this latest one.

Hinton survived the shooting but Taylor is facing up to 26 years in prison if convicted. He pleaded not guilty in December and is supposed to go to trial in June.

SEE ALSO:  Floyd Mayweather Tell-All Reveals His Shocking Habits 

During Taylor’s arraignment on Tuesday, a judge declared how she was not impressed with the boxer’s stellar credentials and how his fame would absolutely have no bearing on his case. In fact, that he would be given the same treatment everyone else receives in her court.  Taylor was released on a $50,000 bond.

The following day, when Taylor was rebooked into jail and held without bond for his latest case, the old bond from his August case was revoked.

The incident involving the alleged gun threat took place on the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday at his town’s celebratory parade honoring the slain civil rights leader.  The boxer, whom witnesses claim appeared to be intoxicated, had been posing for pictures.  Taylor allegedly became enraged when one of his championship belts fell to the ground.

According to Toya Smith, a parade attendee, Taylor asked her to be photographed with her children, and neither she nor her family knew him.  When the belt fell on the ground, Taylor reportedly blamed one of her kids.  Taylor then allegedly pulled out a firearm on Smith, her husband and their children ages 1, 3 and 5.

Smith then claims that she and her family tried to escape Taylor’s rage when, “He put [the gun] up against [her husband’s] temple, I jumped in front of it and it went off up into the air,” injuring her husband’s ear, Smith told the AP.

SEE ALSO: Leon Spinks Hospitalized After Chicken Bone Injury

“He was going to shoot him, but I saw it, he was going to kill him and I had to hit the gun.”  Smith then stated that she and her family tried to get into their car and leave, but Taylor continued pointing the gun toward the vehicle.

“He was pointing at the kids, so I jumped in front of him again and said, ‘Please don’t shoot my kids,'” Smith said.  The woman claims Taylor kept threatening to kill her husband and stated how he did not care about her children, according to ESPN.

When Taylor was arrested a gun was recovered, according to police. He was released but then turned himself in again.

Since the incident, Taylor released a ‘strange’ video addressing the public about the latest allegations against him.  The boxer was in a hot tub or bathtub and stated the following about the parade incident, “The Martin Luther King Parade,” he claimed, looking straight at the camera, “little kids didn’t even have no candy.”

Meanwhile, Taylor’s next court date for this latest incident is set for March 20.

More from NewsOne