Oprah Winfrey recently made the deal of a lifetime!
According to Bloomberg, the chief executive officer of OWN sold a Gustav Klimt painting for $150 million to a wealthy Chinese buyer, grossing an extra $62 million. Ten years ago, Winfrey bought “Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer II” for $87.9 million at Christie’s auction house in New York. Since then, the painting’s value has risen about 71 percent.
The painting, created in 1912, depicts Adele Bloch-Bauer II in a long, narrow robe and halo-like black hat, standing against an ornate background of mauve and green, Bloomberg describes. Bloch-Bauer was the Viennese wife of sugar baron Ferdinand Bloch-Bauer and the only woman Klimt painted twice.
As the news website pointed out, Winfrey temporarily loaned the painting to the Museum of Modern Art in 2014, but then art dealer Larry Gagosian reportedly lined up an interested buyer who was willing to pay upwards of $100 million.
Apparently, Winfrey is no stranger to art collecting. In 2015, she held an auction at her Chicago condo where she sold off a slew of artwork, including works from American Impressionist Francis Coates Jones and British-born painter Maud Earl.
Clearly Winfrey doesn’t need the cash—it’s estimated that the 63-year-old entertainment mogul is worth a whopping $2.9 billion dollars.
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey’s Hair Over The Years
1. The classic ’70s layered look.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. ’80s kween tresses.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. She brought the ’90s in with style…and fringe.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Layered and luminous.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Queen O’s hair is full of life.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.Source:getty 9 of 13
10. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. The media mogul’s ‘fro is on fleek.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.Source:Getty 13 of 13