Robbie Gatti, who is running for a seat on the Louisiana House of Representatives, dressed up as Tiger Woods by donning blackface at a community event.
Now he is being blasted by residents in Bossier City, Louisiana, after a photograph of him in blackface at First Baptist Church surfaced this week. But Gatti insists that his blackface was merely part of a “good night at church,” reports the Daily Mail.
The “unwavering conservative” released a statement to say he meant no harm with the racist costume, claiming the photo’s resurgence is a smear attempt by his political opponents. He wrote on Facebook:
“Fifteen years ago, my church held a fall festival, where all the volunteers were told to dress as a famous person. Tiger Woods was at the height of his popularity, as a world champion, and that was who I was dressed as. Shortly after this event, I was ordained into the church.”
Gatti continued, “As a medical professional, ordained minister and military officer, I live my life seeing only character and I stand by that. I’m sad that my opponents have taken a good night at church and turned it into negative, political mud, but I’m confident the voters of Bossier will not fall for their desperate attacks.”
Gatti describes himself as “100% anti-abortion” and “100% pro second amendment.” Something tells us he knew his blackface costume would cause a stir.
Does this surprise you? Sound off in comments.
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…10 of 10
Louisiana Politician Defends Tiger Woods Blackface was originally published on globalgrind.com