On this day in 1995, former football player O.J. Simpson was acquitted of the June 12, 1994 murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman. Simpson’s trial was called the trial of the century and divided people along racial lines.
See Also: President Donald Trump’s Voter Fraud Claims Could Lead To More Voter Suppression
CNN.com reported, “Testimony in the trial took almost nine months, encompassing about 120 witnesses, 45,000 pages of evidence and 1,100 exhibits. But the jury of 10 women and two men, comprising nine Blacks, two whites and one Hispanic.” It took less than four hours to reach the verdicts. See the clip below:
No one can deny the impact of Simpson’s trial. It changed the way we viewed race, celebrity and our criminal justice system.
See the images of the key players from the trial below.
28 Photos Of O.J. Simpson And The Key Players In His Murder Trial
was originally published on
1. O.J. seen talking to his lawyers Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, and Robert Kardashian during a trial date.
2. The late Robert Kardashian defends his friend O.J. Simpson in court.
3. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.
4. AI Cowlings, the friend who drove O.J. during his infamous Bronco chase.
5. Judge Lance Ito listens to defense motions to exclude Mark Fuhrman’s testimony and the prosecutions’ response to retain the information 11 September during a court hearing in the O.J. Simpson murder trail.
6. O.J. x Johnnie Cochran.
7. Deputy District Attorney Chris Darden asks Judge Lance Ito in the O.J.Simpson case 13 January to bar the defense from asking Los Angeles Police detective Mark Fuhrman if he ever uttered a racial epithet.
8. Did O.J. do it?
9. The scene around O.J.’s October 3rd trial date.
10. O.J.’s sister spotted near the crime scene.
11. The crowd cheers after hearing the verdict on October 3rd, 1995.
12. A much earlier photo of O.J. and his good friend AI Cowlings, circa 1979.
13. O.J. tries on a glove that was used in the murder of his ex-wife.
14. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.
15. Deputy district attorney Marcia Clark is shown during testimony at the preliminary hearings.
16. O.J. Simpson and his kids at Nicole Simpson’s funeral.
17. Robert Shapiro reads O.J.’s damning letter to the press.
18. O.J. Simpson with Nicole and the kids during happier times.
19. Johnnie Cochran lays down the law, circa 1995.
20. The Juice at his 1994-1995 murder trial.
21. Robert Kardashian sits through trial.
22. O.J. heading to court in his civil trial for the deaths of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman.
23. Robert Shapiro x O.J. Simpson.
24. Robert Shapiro in 2015.
25. O.J. Simpson leaving the courthouse after the civil trial that followed his murder trial.
26. O.J. heads to the place he knows best, court.
27. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.
28. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.