I want to say “Happy Father’s Day” to all the Grade-A daddies out there. A strong father is important for the development of any child, and I want to congratulate the brothers who are stepping up to the plate. For those who are not stepping up, you need to get it in gear and realize that you might be missing out on an opportunity to really make the difference in the lives of your children. Whether you are a great Dad or not-so-great, I encourage all of us as men to step up our games regardless. But as a humorous aside, I thought I’d make a fun list of 10 signs that you might not be a very good father.
RELATED: Best Black TV Dads Of All Time
You’re a terrible Father if:
1) Whenever your child answers the front door and sees a male he doesn’t recognize, he or she asks, “Are you my daddy?”
2) You brag about the fact that you bring diapers to the house once a month.
3) Your child says that Lil Wayne is the father he never had.
4) You stop paying for your child’s tutor so you can afford to buy him a pair of Air Yeezys.
5) You have enough baby’s mamas to form a book club, a women’s basketball team, or a small chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha.
6) You are on Maury Povich doing the “booty dance,” after he tells you that “you are NOT the father.”
7) You think that marrying the Mother of your children means that you’re “acting white.”
8) You don’t know all your kids’ birthdays, middle names, what they got on their report card, and the name of their best friend.
9) When your teacher asks your child if you’re coming to the ballet recital, she responds, “You know that n*gga ain’t coming.”
10) The most you’ve ever taught your child is how to sag his pants and play Xbox.
Did I miss anything?