2 Tablespoons Raw Walnuts
¼ Cup Fresh Parsley
10 Ounces Goat Cheese
½ Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 Tablespoon Shallots, Finely Chopped
1 Cup Artichoke Hearts, Canned In Water, Strained and Finely Chopped
½ Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
¼ Cup Roasted Red Pepper, Finely Chopped
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Portobello Mushrooms
3 Cups Baby Arugula
½ Tablespoon Fresh lemon Juice
1. Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
2. Add the walnuts to the food processor and process until finely chopped.
3. Trim parsley leaves from the stems to measure the indicated amount. Add to the walnuts in the food processor and process until finely chopped.
4. Add the goat cheese, sherry vinegar, kosher salt and black pepper to the food processor with the chopped walnuts and parsley. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
5. Smash the garlic under the side of your chef’s knife to remove the peel. Mince the garlic.
6. Peel and finely chop a shallot to measure the indicated amount.
7. Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
8. Pick thyme leaves off the stems and finely chop to measure the indicated amount. Add to the artichoke hearts.
9. Finely chop the roasted red peppers to measure the indicated amount.
10. Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil.
11. Use paper towels to brush any dirt off the mushrooms. Remove the stems, then rub each mushroom cap with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared sheet pan gills up.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and warm.
3. Once oil is warm, add the chopped shallots and thyme. Saute until shallot is softened and translucent. Do not brown.
4. Add the chopped artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper and garlic to the shallot. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3-5 minutes to incorporate the flavors, stirring often.
5. Place the sheet pan of mushrooms in the oven. Roast until mushrooms are tender, about 13-15 minutes.
6. Let the mushroom caps cool for about 5 minutes so they are easy to handle.
7. Place the baby arugula in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
8. Divide the goat cheese and walnut mixture equally among all the mushrooms caps, spreading it evenly on the gill side of each mushroom.
9. Place one mushroom with cheese on each dinner plate, cheese side up. Top with a scoop of roasted red pepper and artichoke mixture. Place another mushroom on top with the cheese side up. Add another scoop of the roasted red pepper and artichoke mixture.
10. Finish each stack off with a handful of the dressed arugula. Ready to serve!
CHIC EATS: Portobello Stack With Artichokes, Red Pepper & Walnut Goat Cheese [RECIPE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com