The 2019 Oscar nominees were announced Tuesday morning, and there is a lot of diversity in the nominees. Announced live by Tracee Ellis Ross and Kumail Nanjiani, films like Spike Lee‘s “BlacKkKlansman,” “Green Book,” “If Beale Street Could Talk” and “Black Panther” all up racked up nominations. Even Kendrick Lamar got some love.
PICTURES & VIDEO: White Woman Who Called Cops On Black BBQ Becomes Hilarious Meme
Nominees include Mahershala Ali, Regina King, Barry Jenkins and “Black Panther,” which is the first superhero film to be nominated for best picture. The Ryan Coogler film also racked up a total of 7 nominations.
See the Black nominees below:
1. Regina King for ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ for Best Supporting Actress
2. ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ for Best Original Score
3. Spike Lee for Best Director for ‘BlacKkKlansman’Source:Getty
(Photo by Christopher Polk/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank)
4. ‘Black Panther’ for Best Picture, Costume Design, Original Score, Sound Mixing, and Sound EditingSource:Getty
(Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for Disney)
5. Kendirck Lamar ‘All the Stars’ for Black Panther for Best Original SongSource:Getty
(Photo by Simone Joyner/Getty Images)
6. Mahershala Ali for Best Supporting Actor for ‘Greenbook’Source:Getty
(Photo by Steve Granitz/WireImage)
Today’s Freedom Fighters
Anti-DEI Bill Would 'Prohibit' Black Fraternities And Sororities In Florida, Lawmaker Worries
Kirk Franklin, Father Of Kerrion, Urges Parents To Give Kids 'Real Names' To 'Save The Next Generation'
'The Caucasity': Desmond Howard's Airplane Video Shows White Privilege Backfiring Spectacularly
Donald Trump Plays The Race Card AGAIN After Black DA Invites Him To Testify Before NY Grand Jury
NAACP Opposes Cash Reparations To Descendants Of Enslaved People In San Francisco
Toxic Soul: 10 R&B Songs That Gave A Voice To The Cheaters
Why Did tWitch Kill Himself? Suicide Note Revealed After Shocking Death